Sunday 26 August 2012

The Lunch Box Shop


If I can be so diligent, I'm going to try to remember to post weekly shopping lists for lunches.

When I'm organised, I make a weekly menu and a shopping list, and I stick to it (not really). This afternoon, I popped out to get us a cheeky KFC bucket for dinner, when I remembered we were out of bread. So I slipped into Tesco for bread... and ended up with the above (plus 16 cans of Diet Irn Bru...) These items below should make up a majority of the lunches for the week, with the help of a few things already in the cupboards or fridge.

This week's lunch shopping:

Chicken Dippers x2 (not pictured)- £2
Bagels x2 - £2
String Cheese - £1.37
Babybel Cheese - £1
Strawberries - £2
Blueberries - £2
Kiwi - £1
Bananas - £1
Chicken Chunks x2 - £4
Cocktail Sausages - £2
Cream Cheese - £1
Wholemeal Bread - .80p
Wraps - .89p
KFC ketchup packs - FREE!
TOTAL: £21.06

I'm hoping the bagels will make some interesting sandwiches this week, and the chicken chunks will make good wraps. The kiwi will be used for 'dinosaur eggs' (you'll see these tomorrow morning!) and of course, the bread will make a few shaped sandwiches (ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and tuna mayo ingredients all in the house already).

And of course, the KFC ketchup will go with the chicken dippers! I asked for extra while I was picking up my bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment